When I was in my second trimester, I had a long list of things I needed to get before Katt pops out. I googled, read on FB forums and even asked my girlfriends who have kids of their own because frankly if i didn’t, I think I would end up buying almost if not everything. One of the things on my list was bottle steriliser.
So why a need for bottle steriliser?
Simple. Bottles after use, need to be washed and sterilised because there’s where babies consume their “food” from. And we have no ideas the germs that are lurking around because washing doesn’t mean it is 100% clean. And what we cannot see with our naked eyes does not mean it is not there.
I was seating on the fence about getting one. I asked Kak Era if there was a need as she is currently using Avent 2-in-1 electric steam steriliser. She said that it is not necessarily a must-have but sterilising is super important to her. Although a traditional way is soaking bottles in hot/boiling water, this is much easier since she just have to wash and dump it in. BUT the downside is having to dry it on a rack which germs may “fly” in.
*Then cuci da okay? – Then just wash is okay?
So I shared with Mama both Kak Era’s and Li’s opinions, in which Mama agreed with Li. I told her it is more troublesome but she said we could save the extra money and not spend it unnecessarily. So the next day, I what’sapp Li.
That conversation was dated in July and I was unaware of the latest kind of steriliser until thelittleonesinmylife gave a Haenim UV Steriliser and Dryer. Yes, it is an UV and DRYER! The UV part sounds unsafe and the fact that it comes with a dryer sounds too good to be true! So after sitting on the fence about getting a steriliser and made up my mind to do the traditional way of boiling the bottles instead, I can safely say I am on the other side of the fence where I can’t live without my Haenim UV Steriliser and Dryer.
Just a brief summary of the main plus points of Haenim UV Steriliser and Dryer:
- Dual Osram UV lamps, which does not require you to change for up to a year! And even so, the replacement is easy to get and definitely easy on the pocket!
- Large capacity which allows me to sterilise more things at one go! That means I can stuff as many things as it can fit. For me, I have been stuffing it with milk bottles, breast pump parts, milk storage bottles, pacifier and also small toys!!!
- Specially treated glass to prevent UV rays from leaking out which means everyone at home who is near it while it is switched on do not have to worry that it will be unsafe!
- Special designed grooves on the door to prevent UV rays from leaking out. Another function I love and makes me confident of using it!
- Special magnetic detection: The machine will immediately switch off if it is opened while operating. I didn’t think much of this function but I realised I do that a lot! Opening it halfway when I realised I left some things out.
- Can be used as a storage like a sterile cabinet which will auto sterilise every 2 hours. So you won’t worry if the items are still sterile if you kept them inside the whole day.
- Comes with display timer to show how many minutes left for the cycle chosen.
So how does the Haenim UV Steriliser and Dryer work?
Open the door and stuff all the things you want to dry and sterilise. There are two levels but the divider can be taken out when you need to sterilise bigger items like toys!
You will see this when you open the door on the screen where the timer is shown.
Click on what you cycle you would like to pick. There’s 3 to choose from.
‘Auto’ cycle where it will dry first and sterilise after, which comes in 30 minutes (best when you don’t have many items) and 50 minutes (best when both levels are almost or completely filled). If it is just my breast pump parts, I use 30 minutes. But when I have Katt’s milk bottles, pacifiers and my Madela milk storage bottles, along with my breast pump parts, I will use 50 minutes.
When both the ‘Auto’ and ‘Dry’ buttons are lit up, it means that you have picked the ‘Auto’ cycle and it is currently at the drying stage.
‘Dry’ cycle where you just need it to be dry without having to sterilise, which comes in 40 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes.
When you just pick the ‘Dry’ cycle, then only the ‘Dry’ button will be lit up.
‘UV’ cycle where you are in a rush to feed the baby and the bottle is not washed. So you wash and dry it yourself then put it inside to sterilise.
Similarly, when you pick the ‘UV’ cycle, then only the ‘UV’ button will be lit up.
Haenim UV Steriliser and Dryer has been so easy to use that everyone at home has no excuse (haha) to help me dry and sterilise Katt’s or my things. Oh, what I also love about this steriliser is that when I take out the items immediately after using the ‘Auto’ or ‘Dry’ cycle is that the items are lukewarm. So nice to put my cold freshly squeezed milk from the fridge. Haha!
Interested now? Hehe! You can make an order at thelittleonesinmylife HERE.
Currently they are having a pre-order promo where the usual price retails at $359 is now going for $259! That is $100 off!!! Warranty lasts for a year. It comes in pink (my absolute favourite just because), silver, blue, yellow, green and from 8th December onwards, BLACK!
Also just because you read me, there’s a Christmas sale going on and discount that you will appreciate. Go to thelittleonesinmylife website HERE. Put items you wish to purchase in your shopping cart. Enter XMAS20 to get 20% OFF STOREWIDE! This even includes on items that are already discounted. (Except Radicam)
It gets better!
FREE DELIVERY within Singapore with any purchase via Singpost Normal Mail or if you spend above SGD100, you are entitled to FREE COURIER!
Don’t forget to visit thelittleonesinmylife page HERE and don’t forget to key in XMAS20 when checking out!
Thank you again thelittleonesinmylife!
The Haenim UV Steriliser and Dryer is a time and life saver!