In this world of parenthood, the range of products for every single thing is endless. And for us new parents, it was an entire learning journey altogether – what to get, where to get, when to get and most importantly which one to get.
Sterilizing is a must – no matter which method used. When it comes to dealing with the little human being, we have to be extra careful because their immune systems are not fully developed and neither has they been fully vaccinated so paying for a peace of mind is always my mantra when it comes to considering products for his usage.
Why UV Sterilizer?
Trust me when we had endless discussions what kind of sterilizer to get – I was even contemplating resorting to the timeless method of boiling to sterilize when a dear mummy friend reminded me that boiling can melt parts and trying to sterilize in the middle of the night is in no means of fun or feasible. Turns out we had our share of using boiling water and I ended up buying spare parts for my pump within a week!
Steam sterilizing was the other option but the limited storage spaces of the sterilizers was a concern. Plus, the anal me was particular about having another container to store the sterilized items. Or, the water from the sterilized items would be dripping and I still had to wring the items in the open to clear the water droplets and spark off another debate about bacteria in the air.
Truly you can never sterilizer anything 100% but the UV sterilizer alternative appealed most because I was not restricted by the size of my items and not only could I sterilize baby’s items, I could do so for our own things too! Instead of having to wash his toys, I could just throw them into the UV sterilizer. Granted that this technology is relatively new in the market but hospitals have been using this method to sterilize nearly everything!
Looking like a bulky box but it is actually light weight at just 5 kilos! This new 3rd generation sterilizer will be launched at BABY WORLD, Booth A03, 29 to 31 July 2016, Expo Hall 5 and lucky us gets to review it first!Why Haenim?
- Internationally acclaimed brand for baby products – This is super important for us because everything else is hearsay and trusted brands are the only way of discerning which brand to get!
- The world’s first sterilizer on bluetooth system! More about the benefits of that later.
- The compatibility of it that fits nearly every kitchen or bedroom. Its compact size makes it easy to fit nearly anywhere.
- Storage size: It is considered a portable storage kit of its own taking up to 16 Milk Bottles, Teats, Pacifier, Breast Pump Accessories, Teether, Soft Toys, even household products like Spoon, Bowl, Toothbrush and Comb!
- Touch button system
- Userfriendly touch system and LED lights
- 4 different modes: Auto (Drying and Sterilizing), Sterilizing, Drying, Sterilization Storage
- Bluetooth system
- This made my sterilizer the smartest device in the household!
- Through the Haenim App, I could control the sterilizer from literally anywhere in the house – SO convenient. Plus I get a notification when to replace the UV Lamps too. SOLD.
- Sterilization Storage Function
- Continuous sterilizing is possible 4 times with 2 hourly intervals.
- Dual Ventilation and Heater Fan System
- This is key in ensuring that the sterilized items do not have residual smells thereafter.
- PTC Heater which offers excellent drying power, which is tops for thermal efficiency too!
- Dual UV Lamp
- With this, 99.9% of the bacteria is sterilized!
- Low Noise System
- Late night sterilizing is possible without waking anyone up.
- Automatic Temperature Sensor
- Once temperatures soar higher than 45 degrees celcius, the sterilizer stops working.
- Touch button system
- SUS304 Super Mirror
- Excellent reflective power for sterilizing.
- Air Cleaning Filter System
- Easy to clean under running water.
Black, Blue, Pink, Green, Grey, Metal Silver
- Yes I am frivolous like that, we opted for the metal silver in the end. Doesn’t it look so sleek and forward looking???
Now, seeing it in action!
The instruction manual unlike my korean car seat is as idiot proof as it can get – simplicity rules.
I’ve got space for more!
Easy to calibrate and use! All in a single press of the auto button.
Turns red when it’s busy drying the contents.
And a cool blue to denote sterilizing!
Sterilized and dried bottles all done in 30 minutes! Easy, just got easier.
Our lives have been made easier with this and truth be told, even before being asked to review this we were already going to purchase one! Sleepless nights just got more bearable with my Haenim UV Sterilizer.
So having said all about what I love about the product, what did I not totally like?
There is still a mild smell that lingers after sterilization is complete – though they had already pre-empted!
It is a must to wring dry the bottles or teats prior to sterilizing otherwise the water droplets end up leaving water marks on the bottom of the sterilizer.
Well they say, happy baby, happy mommy!
For my readers,